1983 Caterpillar 777 Haul Truck
1983 Caterpillar 777 Haul Truck
- Production Date: 1983
- Manufacturer: Caterpillar
- Product Model: 777
- Serial Numbers: 84A1229
- Total Operating Hours: Approx. 15,594 hours
- Performance Specifications: Re-built V12 Caterpillar D348 Engine, 8,739 hours on the rebuilt engine
Per the adjuster:
The unit was damaged by fire that occurred on June 26, 2003, at the insured’s rock quarry.
The unit was in use when the operator reported what appeared to be a bright flame, then white smoke coming from the area of the battery cable connection of the truck. The operator stopped the truck, hit the parking brake, and then activated the ansul fire suppression system. The ansul system emptied two cans (40 lbs.) of dry chemical suppressant onto the fire, extinguishing the blaze. The operator jumped down from the truck and looked back to find that the fire had re-ignited in the area where the battery cable leads from the battery. The engine was running at the time.
The fire was completely extinguished by the Fire Department. An electrical cable leading from the 24-volt electrical system of the truck was determined to be the cause of the fire.
The operator’s pre-shift safety checklist shows 15,594 hours on the vehicle on June 25, 2003. The last preventive maintenance was performed on May 31 and other than loose side rails, the operator’s safety checklist shows no problems since that date.
Four rear tires were replaced on March 14, 2003, when the truck showed 15,067 hours. The front tires were replaced on September 9, 2002, when the truck showed 14,145 hours.
A rebuilt D348, V12 Caterpillar engine was installed on March 3, 2000, when the meter showed 8,739 hours.
The truck appears to have been well maintained and in a good state of repair considering the age of this vehicle.
- Location CANNOT assist with loading
- Removal Deadline: 7 days after the invoice is generated. Unclaimed items beyond the removal deadline are subject to additional fees and forfeiture. Please refer to our website rules.
- No storage charges
- Buyers employees and contractors will have to be trained in Part 46, as required by the Mine Safety and Health Administration. Proof of training records will be required before access to the unit will be available
- Loading on the buyer's account
- As Is
Contact SalvageSale about this lot.
Phone: (855) 723-7781
Email Address: email@example.com
Chantilly, VA 20153, United States
If any bids placed within the extended bidding interval of the Lot End Time result in a tie or change of the first place bid, the lot extends until no bids result in a change of the first place bid for the extended bidding interval.
The bid increment is the minimum amount required to beat the current high bid (winning bid). Bid increments change as the current high bid increases. Increments for this lot:
- If high bid is between $0 and $99.99, the increment is $2.00
- If high bid is between $100 and $499.99, the increment is $5.00
- If high bid is between $500 and $999.99, the increment is $10.00
- If high bid is between $1000 and $2,499.99, the increment is $25.00
- If high bid is between $2,500 and $4,999.99, the increment is $50.00
- If high bid is between $5,000 and $9,999.99, the increment is $100.00
- If high bid is between $10,000 and $99,999.99, the increment is $250.00
- If high bid is between $100,000 and $199,999.99, the increment is $1,000.00
- If high bid is between $200,000 and $999,999.99, the increment is $5,000.00.00
- If high bid is between $1,000,000 and $9,999,999.99, the increment is $5,000.00
- If high bid is greater than $10,000,000, the increment is $10,000.00
**Please note: when a Max Bid has been placed, the system will auto-rebid using the increments listed above.